Have you ever felt disconnected in your life? Isolated from your friends, family or the earth? In this modern age of real time connectivity, how is it possible that people are more solitary than ever? Technology and the ghost of genuine relationships surround us, where our interactions are limited to only mere notifications on the screen.
There is sometimes a heaviness that comes with being wireless; there are many disorders and diseases that are directly caused by overexposure to technology and gadgets. Back pain, obesity, eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome are some side effects of sitting in front the computer all day. Low levels of EMF are emitted from our routers and smart phones, which may cause inability to sleep, mood swings and headaches.
What is the antidote to this 21st century malady? It is all a matter of energy. Instead of mindlessly absorbing negative frequencies, we can simply kick off our shoes, walk barefoot on the beach or bush, and reconnect to the ground. Earthing is the practice of connecting to the earth as our foundation for vibrant health and renewing our basic bond with mother Earth.
Sounds easy? Because it is! We all know that the sun provides us with vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium and promote bone growth (as well as a great tan!) The earth gives us fresh air, water and a surface to live on. The ground is a source for vitamin G (for ground), which happens when your body uptakes a natural and subtle energy through your bare feet.
When our skin comes in contact with the earth, free electrons are taken into the body. These electrons are the best natural antioxidants that help neutralize damaging free radicals that lead to inflammation and disease in the body. The earth’s energy strengthens our physiology by allowing the body to heal and thereby promoting vitality, wellness and better sleep.
Here are some of the benefits of earthing:
- Normalize the body’s biological rhythms
- Thin the blood and improve blood pressure and flow
- Relieve muscle tension and headaches
- Lessen hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- Dramatically speeds healing time and can help prevent bedsores
- Reduce or eliminate jet lag
- Protect the body against potentially health disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- Accelerate recovery from intense athletic activity
- Defuse the cause of inflammation, and improve or eliminate the symptoms of many inflammation related disorders
- Reduce or eliminate chronic pain
- Improve Sleep and promote a deeper sleep
- Increase energy and vitality
- Lower stress and promote calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones
So the next time you are at one of our properties, feel free to reconnect to the earth! Go for a swim in Boracay or El Nido. Lie on the sand and work on your tan. Hug our 100-year-old Acacia tree in Bohol. If you are in a city property, such as Baguio or Tagaytay, some of our rooms have stone floors that are also great conductors of free electrons. Even just 30 minutes will greatly boost your health and improve your mood. Reduce your pain and stress the green way at Ecohotels!
Any other suggestions for Earthing? Let us know how it helped you! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtags #earthing #ecoearthing #greenwellness and get a chance to be featured on our blog!